Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Daniel 10-12
Series: Daniel: Finding Hope in Our Faithful God
- The Messenger (ch. 10)
- The Message (ch. 11)
- The Mandate (ch. 12)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
What do you like most about the book of Daniel? How have you been encouraged?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Daniel 10:1-6. Who was this messenger? Why did he come? Does God still send angels today?
- Where are other angelic visitations in the Bible? What happened in some of these instances?
- Since Mormonism and Islam both began with “angelic visitations,” how are we to discern if an angel is good or evil? Read Galatians 1:6-9.
- Skim through Daniel 10. What were Daniel’s physical reactions to seeing this angel?
- What do we learn about spiritual warfare in chapter 10? Have you ever sensed being in a spiritual war?
- Read Daniel 11:1-9. What was the angel’s first role (verse 1), and what does that reveal? What would happen in Persia (v. 2) and then in Greece (vv. 3-4)? What will be the sequence of events in the south (Egypt) and north (Syria)?
- Compare Daniel 11 and Revelation 16. What similarities do you see regarding the Last Battle?
- In Daniel 11:14-19, what tactics will the king of the north use to get his way (v. 17)? How will he treat the “beautiful land” of Israel (v. 16)? In verses 20-28, who will seize power next (v. 21), and how will he do it (vv. 21, 23)? Who will his heart be set against (v. 28)?
- Discuss how the narrative seems to shift in 11:36ff. Who is now being discussed? Why? What is said about this person? What will he do? What else do we know about him from Scripture?
- In Daniel 12:1, what time is now being referred to? Why? (cf. Matthew 24:21ff)
- What is the mandate Daniel is given? How does this apply to us today?
Discuss how Daniel 10-12 ties into the theme of God’s faithfulness in Daniel’s book.