Click the play button above to listen to the current sermon.
Speaker: Dr. Cal Hiebert
Sermon: When We Have To Choose
Scripture: Genesis 39:1-10; 2 Samuel 11:1-4
WHAT CRITERIA DO YOU USE TO MAKE YOUR DECISIONS?
- Consider Joseph's childhood (the dreamer hated by his brothers and favored by his father), what choice would you have thought he would make?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:14-17. How important is Christian training in early childhood? Do we have biblical examples of parents teaching their children? Give references.
- What scriptural references can you think of that tell us to provide spiritual teaching for our children?
- Read James 1:14-15. Can we say that the devil made us yield to temptation? Why or why not?
- "Discipline yourself and others won't have to." How does this look in your life?
- "The biggest gap in life is the one knowing and doing." Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Parents, we are pleased to include a family-oriented section to the Community Group questions. Our goal is to assist you in taking what you have learned through the sermon and discussed in your group and "bring it home" to your family.
- Children, like their parents, make decisions every day. In order to make good decisions, they need good advice an guidance. Discuss ways where that advice and guidance can be found. Also read: Proverbs 1:8-9, 2:1-6, 9:10; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 13:17
- Read Hebrews 5:14 and Romans 12:2. What are some benefits of constantly using the Word of God? Discuss some tangible ways that will help your family do that very thing.