Assistant Director/Early Childhood Director
EFCCL provides a team of people and several programs to help children be disciples of Jesus. We want our families to follow Jesus, connect in community, and make disciples. With children, we plants seeds of faith, grow hearts of faith, and help them to extend roots of faith. We are seeking an assistant director to oversee all functions of the early childhood area from age 0-5 and assist the Children’s Disciple-making Director (CDD) as needed.
SOME RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Recruit, screen, and train others for the various positions, including substitutes and Sunday receptionists.
• Schedule and oversee volunteers for all services and classes for children.
• Enforce child protection policies.
• Select theologically sound and age appropriate curricula and resources for teachers.
• Open early childhood classrooms with proper staffing.
• Staff the reception desk.
• Partner with the Children’s Disciple-making Director to leverage key milestones to position parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
• Evaluate and provide age appropriate disciple-making resources for parents. Create attractive resource tables for each age and stage of development.
• Partner with teachers and classroom helpers to prepare students for transitioning to the next classroom.