The vision of the Men's Ministries here at the Evangelical Free Church of Crystal Lake is to make all men of our church into disciples—men who are saved through Christ, growing in Him, and actively fulfilling their life purpose in serving Him.
We seek to build a ministry that meets men where they are on their spiritual journey and engages them in a process of steady discipleship, becoming more like Christ in word and deed. We do this through various events and ongoing biblical studies and groups, but also by supporting all ministries in which men are serving.
Men’s Retreat | September 13-14 at EFCCL
“Were it not for ____________, I wouldn't be who I am today”.
How would you answer that? Men have a way of rubbing off on one another—for better or worse. You will be influenced and you will influence, especially when you have regular one-on-one interactions with other men.
Join us for our Men’s retreat where we will be challenged to be intentional and become the men God made us to be, while learning to change other men's lives for the better. The event will be September 13-14 here on our church campus. Pastor Jay Childs will be our speaker and Jonathan Kively leading us in worship. There will be great food, a variety of activities, and time to hang out with other men.
For: All men (college-age and older)
Price = $10 for one day, $20 for both
Friday, September 13
• 5:00 pm - Doors open (check-in at the Activity Center)
• 5:30 pm - Dinner (catered by Crystal Lake Rib House)
• 6:45 pm - Worship (in the Lighthouse Cafe)
• 7:15 pm - Pastor Jay speaks
• The rest of the evening ( to 11:30 pm/midnight) will include games, activities, hang out time, and snacks
Saturday, September 14
• 6:30 am - Doors open (check-in at the Activity Center / coffee and treats )
• 7:00 am - Breakfast (in Dining Room)
• 8:30 am - Worship (in the Lighthouse Cafe)
• 9:00 am - Pastor Jay speaks
• rest of the day (until 12:30 pm) includes games, activities, hang out time, and snacks
**PLEASE REGISTER BY SEPTEMBER 10
Men’s Discipleship | Beginning September 26 & 28
A Man and His Design | 6-session group study for all men
In this group study, discover God’s design for men with a clear definition and inspiring vision of “Authentic Manhood.”
Men’s discipleship group study will be offered the following dates:
• Thursday mornings, 5:30-7:30 am | Room 213
• Thursday evenings, 6:30-8:30 pm | Room 211
• Saturday mornings, 7:00 - 9:00 am | Room 211
**Sign up at the men’s booth Sunday mornings or contact Pastor Tim Bruns
Have questions? Contact us:
Pastor of Adult and Care Ministries
(or One-To-One Discipling)
Varying days and times
Do you have a desire to grow in your knowledge of God, the Bible, or the Christian life? Would you like for this growth to occur in the context of a relationship with an older/more mature man (see below - Disciple-making Opportunity) and in a way that meets you right where you are? Previously known as “one-to-one mentoring,” these relationships can be customized to the needs and schedules of the men involved.
Varying days and times
Have you prayerfully considered Christ’s command to make disciples? As Mark Dever defines it in his little book, Discipling, this is simply “helping another person follow Jesus.” No matter where you are on your Christian walk, there is always a man behind you on that journey who can benefit from your wisdom and experience--even if you don’t think so!