Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Mark 10
Series: The Gospel of Mark
GETTING TO KNOW ME
What are one or two biblical values that are increasingly under attack in our culture?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Mark 10:1-11 and Deuteronomy 24:1-4 out loud as a group.
- Why do you think God permitted divorce under the Law?
- Discuss what Jesus said about divorce.
- Why are a literal Adam and Eve important for what Jesus is saying?
- What is Jesus’ conclusion about divorce and remarriage? Summarize.
- Read Ephesians 5:21-33.
- Why is marriage to be only between a man and a woman? Read Genesis 2:20-25.
- What is the role of the wife in marriage? What does this look like?
- What is the role of the husband? What does this look like?
- How does marriage reflect the relationship between Christ and His Church?
- The prophet Malachi calls marriage a “covenant.” What does this mean?
- Read Mark 10:17-30.
- Discuss why Jesus issues such a strong warning here.
- Read Luke 12:15. Discuss how tithing helps us kill greed. Did you take the tithing challenge?
- What is Jesus getting at in verses 29-31?
- Read Mark 10:35-45.
- Why do James and John make such a blatant request. Discuss the response of the others.
- Discuss how we are seduced by power in our culture. What is the Bible’s response to this?
Pray for the marriages in your group and also for singles in your group.