Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Malachi 3:6-15
Series: Malachi: God's Unchanging Love
- The People Were Robbing God (vv. 6-9)
- The People Were Robbing Themselves (vv. 10-15)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
What is your biggest fear when it comes to sacrificial giving?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Genesis 14:20 and 28:22. Why do you think Abram and Jacob chose to give the amount of “a tenth”?
- Tithing appears before the Mosaic Law, so is it for all time? Why? Why not?
- What were the main points of the sermon this week?
- Read Malachi 3:8-10. What does God promise to faithful tithers here? Why? Who is cursed?
- Read Malachi 19:21. What does it mean to have “treasure in Heaven”? How do we get this?
- In light of 1 Corinthians 16:1-4, how is the New Testament even more radical than the Old Testament when it comes to sacrificial giving? Be specific.
- Should our tithe be directed to our local church? Why? Should we tithe gross or net?
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-4. What does Paul mean: “they gave . . . beyond their ability”?
- Read Matthew 6:21. What does it mean: “wherever your treasure is—there is your heart also”?
How did you make your decision about what amount of money to regularly give EFCCL?