Speaker: Pastor Marty Voltz
Scripture: Titus 3:3-8
Series: The Irreducible Gospel
In one of the most complete yet succinct statements of the gospel in all Scripture, the Apostle Paul spells out the who, what, when, and where of our salvation.
- What was our condition before God intervened? (v. 3)
foolish, disobedient, decieved, enslaved, living in malice and envy, hated and hating
- What did God do about this? (v. 5)
- Who saved us? (vv. 4-6)
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit
- By what means did He accomplish this? (v. 5b)
washing, rebirth, renewal > the Holy Spirit
- Why did He save us? (v. 5)
not because of righteous things we have done but because of His mercy
- When did He do this? (v. 4)
when the kindness and love of God appeared
- How was our position before God altered? (v.7)
we have been justified by His grace
- To what end has He saved us?
that we might become heirs of God
- Who are the recipients of this great gift? (v. 8; see also Ephesians 1:4-5,11)
those who have trusted God
- What is the evidence of our salvation? (v.8)
our devotion to doing what is good
This is a trustworthy saying!