Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered, 12-step recovery program based on the Beatitudes of Jesus Christ.
WE ARE a safe place to share. A refuge, a place of belonging, to care for others and to be cared for, where respect is given to each member, and confidentiality is required. A place to learn, grow, and become strong again, where you can remove your masks. Celebrate Recovery is also a place for healthy challenges, healthy risks, and a possible turning point in your life.
WE ARE NOT a place for: selfish control, therapy, secrets, dating relationships, being rescued by others, perfection, a long-term commitment, judging others,
or getting a "quick fix."
Friday Night Schedule
Celebrate Recovery meets every Friday night. There is no cost to attend, and visitors are always welcome.
6 pm Dinner*
7 pm Large group meeting
7 pm Celebrate Kids
8 pm Small groups
9 pm Crosstalk Café
* This is optional, but we would love to have you join us for dinner! $4 per adult suggested donation and $2 per children suggested donation (ages 3-12)
There are open-share small groups for men and women.
Women’s Open-Share Small Groups
Recovery from: addictions, codependency, eating disorders, adult children of family dysfunction, depression and anxiety, and abuse (physical, sexual, and emotional).
Men’s Open-Share Small Groups
Recovery from addiction, anger, depression and anxiety, and sexual addiction.
We also encourage children (age 5- 12) to attend Celebrate Kids, a free program that runs from 7:00 to 9:30 pm on Friday nights.
This is a great opportunity for children to work on their hurts, habits, and hang-ups, in safe, Christ-centered way. The typical CR Kids evening includes the same lesson the parents/adults receive (at an age-appropriate level), crafts, games, and lots of fun.
If you have any questions about Celebrate Kids, please email Hope Bullock or call her at 224-817-6539.
Additional Step Studies
As a supplement to the weekly Celebrate Recovery program, we offer optional twelve-step studies during the week for men or for women. These studies are a 26-week commitment, and the cost for materials is $20.
Please call Dave or Josette Bryan at 847-533-9231 to find out the current status of our
The following recovery principles are compiled by Pastor Rick Warren and based on the Beatitudes of Jesus Christ, as found in the Bible in the book of Matthew, chapter 5.
- Realize I'm not God. I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing, and my life is unmanageable.
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover.
- Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.
- Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself, and to someone I trust.
- Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
- Evaluate my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others, when possible, except when to do so would harm others.
- Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer, in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
- Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by example and by my words.