Click the play button above to listen to the current sermon.
Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Psalm 32
Series: The Offer of Complete Forgiveness
GETTING TO KNOW ME
What is the hardest part of confessing your sins?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Psalm 32 1:11. What were the main points of the sermon?
- Describe, in your own words, how main points 3 and 4 of the sermon outline, are true in your own life.
- Read Philippians 2:1-11. What does the cross call us to?
- Read John 15:1-17.
What are the conditions for being a true disciple of Jesus?
What is promised to the true disciple of Jesus?
What does "fruit" look like in a believers life? Be specific.
- Read Psalm 51 and Psalm 139:23-24.
Spend some silent time asking God to reveal hidden sins.
Spend some time confessing sin, if appropriate, out loud.
- Read Romans 7:14-25.
Does the intensity of Paul's struggle with sin surprise you? Why? Why not?
What is the hope, practically, for the sinner's intense battle with sin? Be specific.
- Read Philippians 4:4-9.
Why so much emphasis on rejoicing?
What is the key to joy according to these verses? (Notice the emphasis on the mind.)
Discuss the role of the mind an spiritual formation.
What incredible promise is made at the end of the verses to those who think on these things?
Parents, we are please to include a family-oriented section to the Community Group questions. Our goal is to assist you in taking what you have learned through the sermon and discussed in your group and "bring it home" to your family.
- How did David feel before he confessed his sin to the Lord? See Psalm 32:3-4
Have you or any other of your family members felt this way? Why is that?
- Read and discuss Acts 10:39-43, Ephisians 1:7, and Hebrews 10:22 and 28 to see how we find forgiveness for our sins.