Click the play button above to listen to the current sermon.
Speaker: Dr. Cal Hiebert
Scripture: Joshua 3:1-8
Series: We've Never Been This Way Before
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Tell of a time you have traveled into unknown territory.
INTO THE BIBLE
- What kind of preparations do you make at the beginning of a new year?
- Read Philippians 3:13-14. What was Paul's focus and how did it affect his life?
- How do we keep our focus on Christ?
- What are some of the distractions that keep us from focusing on Christ?
- How do you deal with a new situation?
- Read Isaiah 30:21. In our busy and noisy culture, how do you hear "the word"?
- Read Exodus 18:20 and Deuteronomy 8:2. Who, apart from Christ, helps you find your way in new situations? How do they do this?
Parents, we are pleased to include a family-oriented section to the Community Group questions. Our goal is to assist you in taking what you have learned through the sermon and discussed in your group and "bring it home" to your family.
- The Ark of the Covenant (also referred to as the Ark of the Testimony) was a place where God spoke to Moses (see Numbers 7:89). The description of the ark is found in Exodus 25:10-22; if you want to be adventurous, make your own ark!
- Read Hebrews 9:4 to find our three items that were kept in the ark. What was the significance of these items (for more info, see Exodus 16:32-34; Numbers 17:1-10; and Deuteronomy 10:2-5)? What do you think the Israelites were to remember from these items?
- Discuss how Christians today use communion and baptism. What is the significance of these ordinances? What are we to remember from them? For more information, check out these links: www.efccl.org/beliefs and www.efccl.org/baptism