Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Mark 16
Series: The Gospel of Mark
- The Reality of Death
- The Reality of Resurrection
GETTING TO KNOW ME
What most scares you about death? What most excites you about dying?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Mark 15:21-32. Describe the scene of Jesus’ crucifixion. Note specific details.
- Do you believe in reincarnation? Why? Why not?
- Read Mark 15:33-41. Why did Jesus cry out, quoting Psalm 22? Why did the temple curtain rip?
- Read Mark 16:1-8. What were the main points of the sermon?
- Does the existence of several endings to Mark shake our confidence in scripture? (cf. a commentary on Mark; see blog post from January 2 for suggestions: http://goo.gl/MxCQ9o)
- Read John 20:1-18. Note some additional information John adds about the resurrection.
- Read John 20:24-31. Why is this section so important? What is John’s point here?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-11. What is of “first importance”? Why is this so?
- Read Revelation 21:1-14. Describe the New Earth. How can we be sure to inherit eternal life?
Who can summarize the gospel in 30 words or fewer? Offer loving critique of one another’s definitions.