Speaker: Chuck Beckler
Scripture: Luke 14:25-33
INTO THE BIBLE
- How does the truth statement that salvation is by faith alone connect with the message of Luke 14:25-33?
- Please explain the three demands of Jesus in your own words (everyone should try). Luke 14:25-33 makes them very clear. Read the passage together again.
- What is the significance of the word “cannot” in the text? Why does Jesus emphasize that word?
- Is the word “disciple” synonymous with the term “Christian” in Luke 14-25-33? Explain.
- Take some time to find other texts in the Gospels that communicate a similar message from Jesus. Discuss how they compare to Luke 14:25-33. (I didn’t give the texts because I want you to dig.)
- How have the three demands of Jesus personally impacted your life? Which one is the most difficult for you?
- Can you be a disciple without being a Christian? Explain.
- Can you be a Christian without being a disciple? Explain.