Speaker: Cal Hiebert
Scripture: Luke 12-13-34
- A person's life does not consist in abundant possessions.
- God is in control of man's destiny.
- God will provide for His own.
- Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Tell us about a treasure (other than family) that would be difficult to give up.
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Ecclesiastes 8:15. How does this differ from the “eat, drink, and be merry” in Luke 12:19?
- Read Colossians 3:1-2. How do you set your mind on heavenly things?
- Read Ecclesiastes 5:10. How does this complement Jesus’ teaching about possessions?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:9-10. Why do you think that desiring riches and loving money causes so many problems?
- Read Philippians 4:11-12. What was the secret Paul learned, and how can we learn it?
- Is there a difference between earthly and heavenly treasure? If so, what?
- Read Luke 12:33. How do we apply this verse to our lives today?
- Is it possible to have both earthly and heavenly treasure? Explain.
- We are told we must plan for retirement. Discuss how we can do that and at the same time please God.
How are you investing in a heavenly future?