Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: 1 Kings 1-11
Series: The Life and Lessons of King Solomon
- Solomon’s Wisdom (ch. 1-4)
- Solomon’s Wealth (ch. 5-10)
- Solomon’s Women (ch. 11)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Describe someone you know who was wealthy but miserable. What did you learn from him/her?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read 1 Kings 3:1-15. Discuss how Solomon started out so well as King of Israel.
- Read 1 Kings 9:1-9. What was the choice put before Solomon? Why do our choices matter so much?
- Read 1 Kings 11:1-13. Discuss what went wrong in Solomon’s life. How does this happen to us?
- Read Matthew 6:19-24. Summarize what Jesus says here about money. Why such strong language?
- Why are so many churches hesitant to talk about tithing?
- What does Jesus mean when He says, “You cannot serve both God and money”? Be specific.
- Read Matthew 19:24. Why would Jesus say this? What does He mean? Does this offend people?
- Read Proverbs 11:24-25. Why does God call us to be generous with our money? Be specific.
- How do our giving habits reveal what we really think about God?
Did you take the tithing challenge (or are you already tithing)? Share how it’s going.