Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Mark 3:13-4:34
Series: The Gospel of Mark
- A New Nation (vv. 3:13-19)
- A New Family (vv. 3:20-35)
- A New Kingdom (vv. 4:1-34)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Did someone ever give you a second chance? Who was it, and why?
INTO THE BIBLE
- What exactly is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Read Matthew 12:31-37.
- Why is this sin unforgivable?
- Read Ezekiel 8:6 and John 19:8-11. In light of these verses and Mark 3:29, discuss whether or not there are degrees of sin. Use Scripture to support your answer.
- Will there be degrees of punishment in Hell? Why or why not, biblically?
- Read Mark 3:13-34 out loud together, dividing up sections among the group.
- What were the main points of the sermon?
- Read Mark 4:10, Isaiah 6:8-13, and Romans 9:16-18.
- Why did Jesus use parables? How does this differ from many people’s perception?
- Why does God sovereignly “close” the ears and eyes of some people?
- Is it fair that God has mercy on some and hardens others? Why or why not?
- Why is community such a big deal? Why is it so difficult to find in Western culture?
- Read Mark 4:10-12. Discussion how God uses preaching to soften some to the gospel—and to harden others.
- Read Mark 4:1-34. From these stories, discuss what the Kingdom of God is like. How does Jesus describe it? What kinds of metaphors does He use?
Are you saved? If so, what do you look forward to most on the New Earth?