Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
Series: God & Money
- Sacrifical Giving Stores Up Treasure in Heaven
- Sacrificial Giving Changes Us
- Sacrificial Giving Shows Off God's Worth
- Sacrificial Giving Brings Great Joy
- Sacrificial Giving Brings Blessing on Earth
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Describe someone you know who is a sacrificial giver; what are they like?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Review the benefits God promises sacrificial givers. Discuss how this impacted you.
- Read Matthew 6:21. Discuss how our emotions follow our spending and giving. Have you seen this?
- Read Isaiah 58:6-11. What is the summons here? What rewards are promised if we obey?
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-14. What is Paul’s advice here? Summarize it in your own words.
- Read Matthew 6:1-4, 19-21. Is it legitimate to obey God for reward? Why or why not? What does this text say?
- Read Luke 19:11-27. Discuss how faithfulness with money in this life impacts rewards in the next life.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-4. Discuss the phrase, “they gave . . . beyond their ability.” What might this look like?
- In 2 Corinthians 8:1-3, notice the connection between giving and joy. Have you seen this?
- How is our giving a window into our relationship with God?
- Read Malachi 3:6-10. Does it surprise you that God says to “test Him”? Why or why not? When God promises to pour out “so much blessing,” what might this include? Why?
What excites you most about sacrificial giving?