Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Mark 10:17-31
Series: God & Money
- The Power of the Monster
- Killing the Monster
GETTING TO KNOW ME
If you could give away one million dollars, what cause would you give it to?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Matthew 6:19-24. Summarize what Jesus says here about money. Why such strong language?
- What does Jesus mean, “You cannot serve both God and money”? Be specific.
- Read 1 Timothy 6:3-10. What does Paul say here about money? What is his point? Have you seen this?
- What is “the love of money”? Describe this as specifically as you can.
- Read Matthew 19:24. Why would Jesus say this? What does He mean? Does this offend people?
- Why are so many churches hesitant to talk about tithing?
- Read Luke 12:15. How can we “be on our guard against greed”? What steps need to be taken?
- How does our culture promote the love of money? How should the church address this?
- Read Proverbs 11:24-25. Why does God call us to be generous with our money? Be specific.
- How do our giving habits reveal what we really think about God?
In what areas does ‘the Money Monster’ most attack you? How are you fighting this?