Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Daniel 8
Series: Daniel: Finding Hope in Our Faithful God
- The Vision (vv. 1-14)
- The Interpretation (vv. 15-27)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
How and why did you choose EFCCL to be your home church?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Daniel 8 out loud as a group. Discuss initial impressions of this unusual chapter.
- What are some characteristics of “apocalyptic” literature? What is the piont of apocalyptic?
- How are apocalyptic portions of the Bible misused in our day?
- How is the vision in chapter 8 tied to the visions in chapters 2 and 7?
- Read Daniel 5:30, 6:1, 7:1, and 8:1. Are these chapters chronological? Why or why not? Why write this way?
- How was this vision fulfilled in the reign of Antiochus Epiphanies IV (ruled 175-164 BC)?
- Some see Daniel 8 as a reference only to Antiochus—others to both Antiochus and the Antichrist. Discuss.
- Read Daniel 8:23-27. Is Antiochus Epiphanies a foreshadowing of the Antichrist?
- Read Revelation 13:11-18. How is the Antichrist described in these verses? Draw parallels.
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. Summarize what Paul says here about the Antichrist.
- Why should prophecy be a source of hope for Christians? Be specific.
- What specific aspects of prophecy give you the most hope?