Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Mark 1:9-13
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Have you been baptized by immersion? As an infant?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Matthew 28:16-20. What role does baptism play with making disciples?
- Read Acts 9:1-19. How was Paul saved? When was he baptized? Discuss the sequence.
- The word “baptize” in Greek means “to cover, dip, or immerse.” Discuss the significance.
- Why is baptism by immersion important? Is it a matter of obedience for a Christian? Why?
- Read Matthew 3:13-17. Describe Jesus’ baptism. Where and how was He baptized?
- Read Acts 2:29-39. Discuss the sequence of “Repent and be baptized.” Why is baptism second?
- Read Acts 8:26-40. Where was the Ethiopian baptized? How was he baptized?
- Is there any record of toddlers or infants being baptized in the New Testament?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9. Is baptism necessary to be saved? Why or why not?
Have you been saved according to the Bible? Have you been baptized by immersion? If not, when?