Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Malachi 2:10-16
Series: Malachi: God's Unchanging Love
- The Problem of Marrying Unbelievers (vv. 10-12)
- The Problem of Divorce (vv. 13-16)
GETTING TO KNOW ME
- Did you listen to the sermon?
- Describe a marriage that you admire.
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Genesis 2:19-25. Discuss what you learn about marriage from these verses. Who is it for?
- Read Ephesians 5:22-23. What do we learn here about marriage? Be specific.
- Discuss the Bible’s description of marriage: one man and one woman for life. Any exceptions in the Bible?
- Read 2 Corinthians 6:14. What does it mean to be “unequally yoked”? Does this apply to marriage? Business relationships? Other relationships? Why? Why not?
- Read Deuteronomy 7:1-4. Why does God forbid His people to marry unbelievers? Discuss.
- Read Matthew 19:1-11. What does Jesus say about marriage in these verses?
- Discuss how He clarifies Moses’ command in Deuteronomy 24.
- What are the implications of what Jesus says here for gay marriage?
- What are the implications for divorce?
- When is divorce permitted according to Jesus? Not permitted?
Spend time praying for marriages and singles.