Speaker: Pastor Ron Kirkeeng
Scripture: Psalm 78:1-8
Christianity will only continue as we follow God’s calling to do disciplemaking to the next generation.
Personal Application: How will you obey and be a part of God’s calling to do disciplemaking to the next generation?
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Share about a few people who have helped you learn to be a follower of Jesus.
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Psalm 71:5-8. How does the Psalmist describe his life and his relationship with God?
- How would you describe your walk with God these days?
- What are ways you can praise God for His work in your life from birth until now?
- Read Psalm 71:16-18 and 78:1-8. How important is it to pass our faith down to the next generation? What happens if we miss passing the Gospel and truth to the next generation?
- How can we be faithful to pass our faith on to the next generation?
- Share about how you have seen faith being passed down in your family. Where and how did it start, and how many generations have followed Jesus?
- Read 1 Corinthians 4:16. Paul made his life an example for others to follow. How did he do that? How can we do it in our world today?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:1-4. How did the instruction of future generations in Israel proceed? Formally or informally? What does this say about disciplemaking in our context as we pass the Gospel on to the next generation?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:8-9. What does it look like for you to share life with someone who needs to learn to follow Jesus?