Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Malachi 1:15
Series: Malachi: God's Unchanging Love
- An Overview of Malachi's Book
- Reminders of God's Love
GETTING TO KNOW ME
When is the first time you remember hearing about the love/wrath of God?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Malachi 1 out loud as a group. Summarize the chapter in your own words. What is the main point?
- Why were the people complaining about God not loving them? Have you ever done this? When?
- If you have a study Bible, remind the group of some basic information about Malachi and his times.
- Read Malachi 1:1-3. What does it mean, “I have loved Jacob, but Esau I hated”?
- Read Romans 9:6-21. How does Paul use this quote from Malachi? What is Paul’s point?
- Does the doctrine of election/predestination rule out God’s love? Why or why not?
- Read Psalm 136 out loud. What is the writer reminding us of? Why is this so easy to forget?
- Read Psalm 103:1-13 out loud. Talk about God’s love as revealed in the Old Testament.
- How is the love of God distorted in American culture today? Be specific.
- Read John 3:16. Name as many truths as you can find in this famous verse about God’s love.
What do you struggle more with: God’s love or wrath? Why?