Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Luke 10
- The Call to Compassion
- Religion Can Get in the Way
- Even My Enemy Is My Neighbor
GETTING TO KNOW ME
Describe a time when you were hurting deeply and someone encouraged you.hen did you first learn about the Gospel—of Jesus living and dying for us?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Luke 10:25-37. What were the main points of the sermon?
- How can religion get in the way of genuine compassion? Discuss.
- How is the concept of compassion rooted in a Judeo-Christian worldview? Discuss.
- Read Genesis 1:27. How does this impact the role of compassion? Why?
- Read 1 Corinthians 5:1-12. When is it appropriate to be tough on the hurting? Why? How?
- Read Romans 15:1-4. How are we to treat those who are hurting? Practical suggestions?
- Read Matthew 25:31-46. Discuss the role of compassion in light of the final judgment.
- Read 1 John 4:6-7. What is the “mark of a Christian”? How does love behave?
Who is someone who is currently hurting that you could minister to? When will you do it?