Speaker: Pastor Jay Childs
Scripture: Daniel 2, 7
Series: Daniel: Finding Hope in Our Faithful God
- The Dream of a Pagan King (ch. 2)
- The Dream of a Prophet of God (ch. 7)
Today’s message is the second in a 9-part series in the book of Daniel. Discussion questions for this series are available—along with audio and video archives of the Sunday sermons—here on the website or via our free mobile app (visit app.efccl.org for download links). Sign up here if you’d like to receive the discussion questions via email or stop by the Information Center each week for a print copy.
GETTING TO KNOW ME
- Did you listen to the sermon?
- Have you ever been distressed by a dream? Are you willing to share?
INTO THE BIBLE
- Read Daniel 2:1-10, 27-35. Paraphrase Nebuchadnezzar’s dream.
- What was the interpretation? Read Daniel 2:36-47.
- Describe similarities and differences from Daniel’s dream (chapter 7, verses 1-14).
- What was the meaning of Daniel’s dream? Read Daniel 7:15-28.
- How does God’s sovereignty give hope to a true Christian? Discuss.
- What are some other dreams recorded in the Bible? Where? What happened?
- How would you describe/define God’s sovereignty over all things?
- Read Psalm 104 (this is one of the nature psalms). How does this psalm describe God’s sovereignty—specific observations?
- Read Exodus 9:12, 2 Chronicles 30:12, Proverbs 21:1, and Acts 2:23. Discuss how these passages reveal God’s sovereignty. How extensive is it?
- Discuss how God’s sovereignty is a primary lesson in Daniel’s book. How does this come out?
Discuss how God’s sovereignty is both encouraging and sobering at the same time.