Our goal in Senior Ministries is to offer a place of encouragement, a place for seniors to grow in community and in the knowledge of God's grace, and to finish well
as "senior saints."
One of the highlights of Senior Ministries is the monthly luncheon, held at noon on the last Thursday of the month. All are invited to bring a dish to pass, and each month’s meal is followed by a time of fellowship, featuring a guest entertainer—ranging from musicians to special interest speakers and anything in between.
Our church offers a number of Bible study opportunities for men and women, most of which meet weekly. We also offer Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF) groups on Sundays as a way to foster small communities among such a large church. The following are studies are designed specifically with seniors in mind:
- The Primetimers ABF (ages 60+) meets Sundays at 10:30 am
- The Meridians ABF (ages 50+) meets Sundays at 10:30 am
Whatever your gifts or needs, we would love to help you get involved with the ministries here at EFCCL. Listed below are some resources that offer assistance and are designed to help you maintain fellowship with the church body outside the walls of the church building.
- Hope Visitation is our church ministry to shut-ins, and seniors are invited to participate. A list of names of those who would like to receive visitors is available upon asking.
- If you or someone you know is unable to get to church due to illness or some other reason, we invite you to make use of our CD/DVD ministry, in which we arrange to deliver audio or video recordings of the Sunday services to homes or assisted living facilities.
- Faith in Action is an independent non-profit organization in McHenry County that provides assistance at no cost to seniors living at home.